Thursday, March 10, 2011

Random kitchen pic

This is one of my favorite kitchen inspirations. Although it's nothing fancy and obviously a pretty small kitchen, I like it because - well, it resembles MY kitchen. It's something that I could totally pull off at my house with little effort.




I already have white cabinets. I would just need to add a backsplash - and although I do like the white subway tile here, I'm not sure if that would be my#1 preference. White subway tile seems more like a bathroom tile to me.

Regardless, I have also been wanting to purchase stainless appliances for my kitchen. Not because I am on the "stainless bandwagon" (ahem) but because I think they look best in small kitchens like this. My current black appliances are too heavy for a small kitchen, they stand out and are the first thing your eye is drawn to when you walk in. Stainless would blend in better, and also reflect light which is important in a smaller kitchen.

The countertops look like some sort of stone or quartz maybe...less expensive but they still look very nice. I think granite is again too heavy for small kitchens and completely unecessary.

Overall I just love this kitchen and with a few tweaks I think I could get mine to look strikingly similar.

No comments: